Gingham 1/8" Check – Polycotton Fabric
- Composition – Polycotton fabric (65% Polyester, 35% Cotton).
- Width: 114cm/45"
- Weight: 112gsm
- Available in 8 colours - Yellow, Pink, Lilac, Pale Blue, Red, Royal Blue, Navy & Emerald Green.
Orders of multiple lengths of this gingham fabric will be sent as a continuous piece.
Gingham fabric is always a popular print and a perennial craft and fashion favourite. This gingham fabric features a classic 1/8" check on a versatile and durable polycotton, available in 8 great colourways. A gingham polycotton is great quality choice for all kinds of sewing projects, such as a gingham dress, bedlinen, quilting and even school uniforms – the possibilities for your gingham fabric are endless!
Interested in more polycotton fabrics? Browse our full range of polycottons to explore all our fab prints and patterns of this popular fabric.
Curious about gingham and wondering how to use this classic fabric? Check out our blog post 'What Is Gingham?' to learn more about gingham fabric, as well as some project ideas for your 1/8" gingham check fabric.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Is Polycotton Fabric?
Polycotton fabric is a blend of cotton and polyester, so benefits from the qualities of both materials. Polycotton has the durability of polyester as well as being more breathable like cotton. It is a highly versatile, light-weight and affordable fabric so its a popular choice for all kinds of craft and fashion projects, such as dressmaking, bedlinens, soft furnishings and quilting. Explore our polycotton fabric range to find the perfect print for your next project!
What Can I Use This Gingham Fabric For?
Gingham fabric is a great investment piece – its a timeless print, that's always in fashion! Why not choose a blue gingham fabric for a summery shirt or dress? A green gingham fabric would look great on a holdall or tote bag.. and with 8 colours to choose from, there are plenty more options for your gingham fabric projects. You could mix and match your gingham fabrics across a pretty quilt, contrasting a blue gingham fabric with a yellow check – the possibilities are endless!
- Summer wardobe – gingham fabric is a great choice for summery clothes so if you fancy a gingham dress, gingham shirt or skirt – your gingham fabric will make your outfit look striking & keep you cool at the same time!
- Beach Holdall – A holdall for the beach is a holiday essential to pack everything you need. How about a beautiful green gingham fabric to make your bag look classic and cool!
- Bedlinen – A gingham fabric looks beautiful across bedlinens and cushions and the fabric's durability means it doesn't crease easily. We also stock cushion pads to complete your project.
- Quilting – a quilt with contrasting gingham fabrics would look stunning, so why not mix and match some of your favourite colours? Our haberdashery department is brimming with quilting tools to help too!
Can I Wash My Gingham Fabric?
The manufacturer recommends to wash this gingham fabric on a 40 degree machine wash and a warm tumble dry. We always suggest that you test a small piece of gingham fabric to be safe.
When Will I Receive My Gingham Fabric?
Our team will aim to despatch your order within 24 hours and we will send your gingham fabric by 1st class postage to ensure a speedy and secure service. If you place your order before 4pm on weekdays, you have the option to upgrade to our same day despatch service at the checkout. Have a query about your gingham fabric order? You can contact us via our live chat service or by telephone.