Iron-on double sided fusible buckram fabric stiffener
- Double Sided.
- Suitable for a wide range of crafts, bookbinding, bag/clothes making, and home décor.
Available in a range of widths to suit your project (4",5",6",9",10",12" and 36")
- Multiple quantities are sent as one continuous piece
Lengths under 5m will be received folded (36" is sent rolled for all lengths)
- Lengths over 5m will be received rolled
What is buckram fabric?
Buckram fabric is a stiffened, coarse cloth used for interfacing fabric and creating a large range of products, including, clothing, bags, home décor, and costumes.
Uses for buckram fabric:
- Bookbinding - protects book covers and prevents wear and tear.
- Hat making/millinery - gives structure and protection to the fabric.
- Shirt collars, cuffs, and necklines of clothing - used between two layers of fabric to create a tidy finish.
- Bags and purses - gives a solid and structured interior.
- Many people use buckram for curtains - creates aesthetic fabric pleats, eyelets, and pelmets.
Frequently asked questions
How to use buckram?
- Place the inside of your fabric facing upwards on the ironing board.
Place the fusible interfacing on top. The adhesive side will face down onto the inside of your fabric.
- Cover the fabric and buckram with a damp cloth and press the iron onto the fabric for 10-15 seconds at a time until you have covered the whole surface, or the buckram is glued to the fabric.
- Leave the fabric to cool down before moving to prevent any reshaping.
TIP Check the temperature of the iron. You could damage the fabric if too hot or the buckram adhesive will not paste to the fabric if too cool.
Can you buy buckram fabric by the roll or in larger quantities?
Yes, we stock 50m whole rolls of buckram ready for dispatch! If you need large quantities for larger projects give us a call or contact us via live chat and we can arrange dispatch.
Can I order a sample of buckram fabric?
Of course. Here you can go to the order a sample page and simply select the number of samples you require and let us know by email, phone, or live chat which fabrics you require. Please understand that sample strips are non-returnable.
Do you have any other options for interfacing?
Yes, we have a large range of different interfacing fabrics which cater to specific needs. A popular choice for bag, belt, and hat making is Vlieseline decovil 1 light. Find more interfacing fabrics in the collection here.
How quickly will I receive my buckram?
We aim to dispatch every order within 24 hours of ordering and send every order with 1st class postage to ensure it gets there safely and quickly. If you need your item sooner, you can select an express shipping option at the checkout which we will then be prioritised for dispatch. If you are needing to ask any more questions then please contact us by phone or live chat.