Lead Curtain Weight Cord - 25g to 200g
- Flexible lead curtain weight cord in five weights.
- Designed for sewing into curtains, blinds, or garments to improve hang and drape.
- Covered in polyester tape so suitable for curtains, nets & shower curtains.
- Available by the metre of by the roll, rolls come in;
- 25g - approx. 3mm - 100m roll
- 50g - approx. 3mm - 50m roll
- 100g - approx. 6mm - 25m roll
- 150g - approx. 6mm - 25m roll
- 200g - approx. 6mm - 25m roll
We also stock separate round and oblong curtain weights, as well as more curtain accessories, if they are more suitable for your project. Head to our curtain accessories collection to explore more.
Frequently asked questions
What is weighted curtain cord used for?
Lead curtain weight cord is a type of polyester cord tape that carries lead weights inside. This curtain accessory is used by attaching it to the hem of a curtain to create a nice drape. Weighted curtain cord is used for creating an aesthetic and elegant look by weighting down the curtains to ensure they hang in an even manner. They are extremely useful when you have your windows open and don't want your curtains to be blowing around in the wind; the lead weight tape will hold down the curtains which stops them from moving around.
Do you have any other curtain weight options?
Yes, we do. If you are looking for another option of curtain weight, we offer a selection of curtain penny weights. These are used for the same purpose but come in round and oblong 'pennies'. If you are making your curtains from scratch and need a whole range of curtain accessories, you can explore our collection here.
Which weighted curtain cord do I need?
When choosing which weight of curtain cord you are going to buy, you need to rely on the weight of fabric you are using and the length of your curtains.
- 25g to 50g - The lightweight cord - This is designed for use with lighter fabrics and shorter curtains.
- 100g to 150g - The medium weight cord - This is designed for fabrics of medium weight and medium length curtains.
200g - The heavyweight cord - This is designed for thick and heavy fabric or medium weight fabric which is being used for long length curtains.
Can I order several rolls of curtain weight cord?
Of course, if you require multiple rolls of weighted curtain cord then please contact our team by live chat or phone to discuss delivery times and prices. We serve lots of our business customers with bulk orders regularly and are happy to help.
How long will my order take to arrive?
All of our orders are usually dispatched within 24 hours of being placed. We also send every order with first-class postage so you can receive it as soon as possible. If you need an express shipping option then you can add a priority dispatch add-on at the check out; this will mean your order is prioritised for dispatch and will be sent the same day if it is made before 4 pm. If you need to ask our team any questions, please contact us by phone or via our live chat.