Trimits 30cm Macramé Birch Wooden Dowel – 12mm & 15mm Diameter
- Premium birch wooden dowel with lovely smooth finish.
- Length of dowel: 30cm, available in 2 diameters – 12mm & 15mm.
- Can be painted to suit your project.
- Perfect for all kinds of macramé crafts, such as wall hangings, as well as weaving & homemade advent calendars.
- 5mm hole at each end of the dowel to conveniently hang your work.
- Made from carefully sourced, FSC certified wood.
Part of our specialist macramé range, this premium wooden dowel is a great tool to display your macramé work. Ideal for wall hangings, this wooden dowel is also suitable for mobiles, fabric banners and advent calendars as well as displaying weaving work.
Our macramé & haberdashery range includes all you need to get started with your macramé project – from essentials such as macramé cord & sharp scissors to decorative accessories like macramé beads and rings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Can I Make With Macramé?
Thanks to a wealth of online macramé blogs and tutorials, there's an ever increasing range of creative projects you can make with macramé, from classic pieces such as wall hangings and plant holders to fashion accessories and bespoke jewellery. Take a look at our blog post 'a beginner's guide to macramé, for more information and inspiration!
This macramé dowel is ideal for displaying wall hangings and creating mobiles for a nursery or playroom. It is also a great way to hang a fabric banner or advent calendar, adding a lovely finishing touch to your project.
Is It Easy To Learn Macramé?
Macramé is a great craft for beginners to learn! You can start easily and simply, by learning some core knotting techniques to help you make you first pieces before progressing to more elaborate work. Macramé is also a very affordable craft, requiring just a few essentials to get started, so you can try it out without making a great investment! See our 'beginner's guide to macramé' to learn more!
What Do I Need To Make Macramé?
The key item for your macramé project will be selecting the right macramé cord. Here's a quick guide to help you –
- 1.5 – 3mm macramé cord: Ideal for small scale & more delicate designs such as jewellery, coasters, Christmas tree decorations and purses.
- 3 – 5mm macramé cord: Suitable for medium size projects such as planters, small wall hangings and shopping bags.
- 4 – 7 mm macramé cord: Ideal for large scale pieces like bigger wall hangings and backdrops.