Sew Easy French Curve Ruler Template
- Bonus grading rule.
- Easy to follow with instructions included inside.
- Chose from metric and imperial.
- Made from 100% acrylic
A French curve ruler is used to make precise and accurate alterations. The rulers help you alter patterns for personal fit, including curves for the neckline, armhole, sleeve cap, hipline, waistline, and hemline. Also includes a grading grid in metric and imperial for adjusting size. People also refer to a French curve ruler as a hip curve ruler due to its use for hip line adjustments.
This ruler is a very versatile template for both professional designers, dressmakers, and beginners.
Detailed instructions on how to use a French curve ruler are included inside.
To explore a wide range of templates and rulers for different projects, head to our collection page here.
Frequently asked questions
What is a French curve ruler?
A French curve ruler is a template ruler used for fashion design, dressmaking, sewing, and pattern making. Using this curve ruler for sewing will allow you to make a super accurate and even garment. You can use it as a template for making a clothing item from scratch or for making adjustments and alterations to existing clothes. It is popularly used as a template for; necklines, hip lines, waistlines and armholes.
What do people use a French curve ruler to make?
This curve ruler for sewing is used to create and adjust items of clothing and fabric garments. Our customers commonly use the French curve ruler as a template to trace fabric with outlines for a clothing part, such as;
- Armholes - A French curve ruler is great for using to draw arm hole outlines. Its curved angle and ruler grid enable you to create the perfect sized curve to create an armhole. As people require different sized clothing, this ruler allows you to tailor-fit your garments to your preferred size.
- Waistlines and hip lines - Women's clothing often requires shaping around the hip area to fit different body shapes. The French curve ruler will help you create curves in your clothing outlines to create shape in your clothing. Most often used for making dresses and skirts.
- Necklines - If you want to create a nicely shaped neckline for your top or shirt, then you can use the French curve ruler to guide you and measure an accurate fabric drawing.
What other sewing tools do I need when using a French curve ruler?
Once you have your chosen fabric ready and your French curve ruler to hand, you need a good pencil or marker to use on your fabric to make your seam outlines and a pair of sharp dressmaking scissors. We have a selection of fabric pens and pencils, including; water-soluble pencils, dressmaking chalk, and hot iron transfer pens.
Do I choose the metric or imperial French curve ruler?
It is up to our customers which measuring system they prefer to use. We recommend using the best measuring system for you; the imperial option will feature inches and the metric will feature centimetres.
How quickly will I receive my order?
Our team aims to dispatch every order we receive within 24 hours. All of our orders are also sent with first-class postage to ensure a speedy delivery. If you are looking for a faster shipping option, you can select our priority dispatch add-on at the checkout, this will give you guaranteed same-day dispatch (before 4 pm). If you are looking to make a large order with a large quantity of the same items, please contact us on live chat or by phone to discuss further.