This easy to use pattern includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner friendly instructions. The step by step colour photo guide makes sewing your own unique clothes both easy and enjoyable.
Learn how to construct flattering tailoring elements such as the two piece collar and stand, button facing and the pointed back yoke. Bring out fashionable styling by using piping or decorative top stiching, or use contrasting fabrics to make features really pop. The princess seams on both the front and back make for a very flattering fit, and the button tabs on the three-quarter length sleeves are the perfect finishing touch.
We recommend our vibrant cotton poplins for a bright work shirt, or our range of light weight denims or chambrays for the dress for a fantastic smart/casual look.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-20 (US 2-16 / EUR 34-48)
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium- and light-weight woven fabrics, such as cotton lawn, chambray, lighter weight denim, fine needlecord, double gauze, linen blends, viscose (rayon), shirting cotton.
- Fabric - Shirt: All Sizes – 2m (2 1/4 yds) x 150cm wide / 2.6m (2 7/8 yd) x 115cm wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 1-4 – 2.2m (2 3/8 yds) x 150cm wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm wide
Shirt Dress: Sizes 5-8 – 2.6m (2 7/8 yds) x 150cm wide / 3.1m (3 3/8 yds) x 115cm wide
- Matching thread
- 10–13mm (3/8–1/2in) buttons x 10 (for shirt) or x 12 (for shirt dress)
- Iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 spools of contrast topstitching weight thread and topstitching/embroidery needle for your machine
- Sewing machine and tools, incl buttonhole foot