33% Off Christmas Fabric
Use code 'XMAS33' at checkout for a festive discount on all remaining Christmas Fabrics!
Plains in 60+ Colours - Polycotton Fabric
- Width - 112cm
- Weight - 105gr/m2
- Composition - 70% Polyester 30% Cotton
- Sold per half metre
- 60+ colours available
- Polycotton fabric in a whole range of plain colours
Orders of multiple half metres of the same colour fabric will be sent as a continuous length. If you would like one continuous metre of plain fabric, simply add two half metres to your basket.
This polycotton plain fabric comes in a huge variety of bright, pastel and traditional colours; every shade of colour you need to find your perfect plain fabric. Polycotton fabric is a breathable, durable and great value choice of fabric for your next sewing project. You can use polycotton fabric to make clothing, bedding, pillowcases, tablecloths and lots more.
Choose from our huge range of colour options; White, black, red, orange, watermelon, scarlet, wine, rose pink, bright rose, magenta, purple, Cadbury purple, Oxford blue, navy blue, indigo, sky blue, aqua, turquoise, air force blue, emerald green, grass green, olive, pistachio, mustard, sunshine yellow, pale lemon, ivory, buttermilk, beige, chocolate, chestnut, pale peach, marigold, pumpkin, copper, gold, bottle green, royal blue, cerise, pale pink, blush, mango, fuchsia, lilac, petrol blue, lime, silk white, dark brown, graphite grey, khaki, coral pink, violet, mint, sage green, electrum, cream, cornflower, teal, dove grey, sugar pink.
To discover more polycotton fabric options, visit our polycotton fabric collection page.
Frequently asked question
What is polycotton fabric?
Polycotton fabric is a woven fabric made from a combination of polyester (70%) and cotton (30%), making it a lightweight, breathable and absorbent choice of material. It is a popular choice for making clothes, bedding, pillowcases, tablecloths and lots more. The mixture of polyester and cotton makes this fabric durable, wrinkle-resistant and smooth, as well as plenty more desirable qualities. Polycotton fabric is usually a great value and affordable fabric and is a strong and versatile option for many sewing projects. We offer an extensive range of polycotton fabrics including, plain fabric, gingham fabric and many more patterned fabrics.
What could I make with this polycotton plain fabric?
This polycotton fabric is a versatile choice of material and can be used for many different projects, making it a popular choice for crafts and projects. Some of its popular uses include;
- Dressmaking - Polycotton plain fabric can be used to make a variety of clothing items such as dresses, shirts, aprons, overalls and more. This plain cotton fabric is breathable and lightweight, as well as, versatile and wrinkle-resistant (great if you don't have time for ironing your clothes).
- Bedding - Use your plain fabric to make lightweight and breathable bed sheets and pillowcases; polycotton is less prone to shrinkage than other fabrics, which is useful when washing regularly. Choose the plain white fabric for a traditional bedding set, or opt for a plain blue fabric for a bright and colourful aesthetic.
- Tablecloths - You can make colourful tablecloths with these plain fabrics, with minimal shrinkage when washed, and a durable finish, you are less likely to damage or rip your tablecloth when using polycotton fabric. Choose a traditional plain white fabric or a more colourful green fabric, blue fabric or pink fabric to make your new tablecloth.
What colours of polycotton plain fabric do you have?
We stock a massive 60+ colours of our plain polycotton fabrics, this includes traditional white fabric and black fabric, as well as a great variety of blue fabric, green fabric, pink fabric, red fabric and lots more! You can browse our available colours on the swatch photos included on this page, so you can make sure you find the perfect colour match for you.
- Use our thread match service to receive a Gutermann sew-all thread in a matching colour to your plain fabric, for the same price choosing a thread yourself. Simply add the thread match to your basket and let us know which fabric you would like it to match via email or live chat!
How long will my polycotton fabric take to arrive?
We aim to dispatch every order within 24 hours/on the same day (before 4 pm on weekdays). All orders are sent out with first-class postage for the quickest and safest delivery process. You can contact us via live chat or by phone if you have any questions regarding your order, delivery times or if you would like to place a bulk order.