This easy to use pattern includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner friendly instructions. The step by step colour photo guide makes sewing your own unique clothes both easy and enjoyable.
A perfect dress for twirling! Choose from different sleeve length and styles, as well as your hem length. The princess seam panels provide a flattering fit - why not try adding piping to the princess seams? Easily dressed up or down, this could quickly become another wardrobe staple.
Go for a vintage feel using our wide range of poplin floral prints, or choose a bright print for a fun and funky look. The skirt is cut on the bias, so we don't recommend a directional print - unless you fancy a pattern matching challenge with some of our bold stripes!
We also have a large range of invisible zips, self cover buttons and interfacing to help you complete your project.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-20 (US 2-16 / EUR 34-48)
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light- to medium-weight fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), silk or polyester crêpe de chine, cotton lawn, chambray, broderie anglaise, double knit with little stretch, lighter weight wool.
- Fabric - Mini length – 2.9m (3 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.5m (3 7/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide; Knee length – 3.4m (3 3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 4.2m (4 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide (0.2m / ¼ yard less for short sleeve version)
- Matching thread
- 56cm (22in) invisible zip
- 0.25m (1/4 yard) iron-on interfacing – similar weight to your fabric
- For collar: 1 rounded or fabric-covered button + elasticated hair band or 8cm (3in) piece of narrow ribbon
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including an invisible zip foot