Coco Top and Dress Sewing Pattern by Tilly and the Buttons
This easy to use pattern includes Tilly and the Buttons' award-winning beginner friendly instructions. The step by step colour photo guide makes sewing your own unique clothes both easy and enjoyable.
This hugely versatile pattern allows you to make tops and dresses with differing necklines, sleeve and cuff options, and of course pockets!
You don't need an overlocker or serger when making up these fab garments, and you'll soon want to use this pattern over and over again with different prints!
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-24 (US 2-20 / EUR 34-52)
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
- Fabric: - Dress with funnel neck + cuffs - 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
- Plain dress - 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Plain top – 1.5m (1¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon or stay tape - 30cm (12in) x 6-8mm (1/4in) wide
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)